The high-pivot Forbidden Druid is a bit of a rare sight on these shores, so when we spotted Tommy Magnenat has got his hands on one, we knew we had to take a closer look…
The all-new Forbidden Bike Company caught the MTB industry’s attention earlier this year, launching with the radical high-pivot Druid.
Born out of Canada, but with a Northern Ireland connection through Alastair Beckett, the Forbidden Druid comes frame-only option, with the user then building up to the spec they want.
The Druid frame set is billed as their aggressive trail model, with 130mm of travel in the rear.
Tommy Magnenat has gone for the large-sized carbon-framed Druid to suit a 150mm fork, rolling on a 29” wheel set.
Together with Belfast’s Mech Monkey, he’s built it up to his spec with the following components listed below and it’s a proper looker too thanks to that moody Gloss Moss colour scheme.
The popular Michelin Wild Enduro rubber provide the grip and he’s aiding a low-pressure setup thanks to the Nukeproof Ard tyre inserts.
No slouch on a bike, Tommy recently rode to second outright at the final round of the First Tracks Enduro Cup in Castlewellan. He’s also a fully-qualified MTB instructor. So hook up with him for a few lessons and he might just give you a spin on her!
Tommy’s Forbidden Druid Build
- Frame: Forbidden Druid size large, 130mm of rear travel (front and rear triangle made of carbon fibre). Combined with the 150mm fork provides a head angle of 65.6º.
- Shock: Fox DPX2 2020.
- Fork: Fox 36 Elite 150mm.
- Wheelset: E-Thirteen LG1 29″.
- Tyres: Michelin Wild Enduro Front and Rear + Nukeproof Ard tyre inserts (front and back as I run quite low pressures) + TY Products valves and sealant.
- Bars: Nukeproof Horizon Carbon bars, 780mm wide / 12mm rise.
- Grips: ODI Flow Elite Lock On.
- Stem: Nukeproof Neutron 45mm long + OneUp Components EDC tool.
- Brakes: Sram Guide RSC with 203mm rotors front and rear.
- Drivetrain: Full Sram Eagle XO except Truvativ Descendant Carbon cranks.
- Seatpost: Rockshox Reverb 170mm travel with the X1 lever.
- Saddle: Nukeproof Vector.
- Mud guard: Mudhugger.
- Pedals: Nukeproof Horizon CL Crmo DH with all the pins removed.
View this post on Instagram
Hopefully this weekend is as good as last one! 💥🎥 @aaron_lee24 #forbiddenbike#forbiddendruid#redburndesign#flatfree#fulloffibre#fullsuspension#rideordie#ridemtb#gupordie#sendit#mountainbiker#enduromtb#trailbike#biketrail#ukmtb#airtime#mountainbikeracing#mtbrider#bikelifestyle#justbikeit#goneriding#mtbgram#bicyclegram#lovemtb#videooftheday
Follow Tommy to keep an eye on his Forbidden Druid build.