The line up for Team Ireland competing in the inaugural running of the Enduro World Series ‘Trophy of Nations’ this September in Finale Ligure, Italy has been announced.
With selection based on current standings in this year’s Enduro World Series, up to round six, Irish Enduro Champion Kelan Grant will be joined by Greg Callaghan and Killian Callaghan. Dan Wolfe is listed as reserve rider.
Along with a Mens team there is an Under 21 Men team entered.
A competitive Under 21 Men squad will also take to the track in Italy with Drew Armstrong, Jack Devlin and Ross Ennis listed. Harry Byrne backs them up as reserve.
National champion Leah Maunsell has secured her place in the Under 21 Women, but attendance is not yet confirmed.
What is the Trophy of Nations
New for 2019, the Trophy of Nations brings teams and riders together to compete for Nations, Industry and Rider titles.
Riders are selected to represent their Nation from the Global Enduro Rankings, Industry Trophy Teams will be formed from EWS teams, supporters and other industry and the Rider Trophy (Team and Individuals) competition is open to anyone.
In a unique format, team riders will compete on each special stage together at the same time, with all times combined to calculate the Team result.
The winning Nations Team (Men, Women, U21 Men, U21 Women) will be awarded the UCI Rainbow Jersey.
A true combination of amateur and international competition, riders from around the world are able to compete on the same course as UCI Rainbow Jersey winners.
- Full teams announced 29 August 2019
- An * denotes the rider has achieved Nation team qualification but has not confirmed attendance
- Wildcard applications and Team Captains are filed to EWS by the top qualified rider of that Nation. Announcements will be made 29 August 2019
- All riders not selected for their Nation are still able to race in the Rider Trophy individual race on Saturday in Finale Ligure. Enter Here
- Pro riders not selected for their Nation are also eligible to race for their sponsors in the Industry Trophy team race on Sunday in Finale Ligure. Enter Here