A quick look at Specialized’s own-brand 2FO Flat 2.0 mountain bike shoe.
We got these shoes in for review from Specialized Ireland when we tested their Turbo Levo SL, but as coronavirus would have it the country went into lockdown and MTB became out of bounds for the foreseeable.
As soon as we’re back out shredding trails again, we’ll bring you a proper debrief of the 2FO Flat 2.0.
Foot Out, Flat Out—the redesigned 2FO Flat 2.0 was made to get you from the top of the run to the bottom as comfortably and efficiently as possible.
Its outsole features our SlipNot™ 2.0 rubber compound, which was developed as a system to create the best pedal connection possible.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbeds are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimising hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- SlipNot™ 2.0 rubber compound is our softest, grippiest rubber, and it’s optimised for the ultimate in pedal connection
- Engineered lug pattern was specifically designed to integrate with pedal pins.
- Dual-density midsole adapts to the pedal, protects the foot, and results in superb pedal control.
- Captured foam in the upper protects the foot from impacts.
- Air mesh on the tongue and uppers provides protection, while quickly shedding water weight.
- Smooth, thermobonded upper for lightweight durability and a snag-free profile.
- Cushioned EVA foam midsole is sealed with a protective skin for support and tear resistance.
- Lacelock™ elastic keeps laces out of the chainrings.
- Relaxed Fit for a balance of pedal feel and off-the-bike comfort.
- Approximate weight: 347g (1/2 pair, Size 42)
- Yellow (shown)