Off-season might be in session, but if you’ve still got a kick in your legs then Waterford’s Nire Valley Drop MTB Marathon ain’t to be missed.
Gearing up for its seventh edition on October 27th, the Nire Valley Drop is a 45-kilometre long charity sportive covering some of the best trails and riding Waterford’s Comeragh Mountains has to offer.
Sportive being the key word, it’s a day to forget about the stopwatch and one to focus on having the craic.
Based in Ballymacarbry Co. Waterford, the event features two routes – a 25-kilometre loop or the biggie 45-kilometre beast set to test both your skills and metal on the day.
With a solid mix of climbs and gravity-focused trails, there’s plenty to keep the heart rate thumping and the adrenaline pumping.
Posted by Nire Valley Drop on Wednesday, 4 September 2019
Nire Valley Drop Details
- Date: October 27th 2019
- Starting point: Ballymacarbry Community Centre, Co. Waterford
- Start time:11am
- Your entry also buys you a hot meal, hot shower and changing facilities, as well as friendly smiles.
- This event is a fundraising event for Haven for Haiti, and local charities.
- All participants must be over 18, helmets are compulsory.
- Entry Fee: €40.00 plus €2.80 booking fee
- Online ticket sales available between September 13, 2019 at 00:15 and October 26, 2019 at 23:45
*Please see links provided for official information or queries