Ireland is brimming with top mountain bike talent and 15-year-old Oisin O’Callaghan is ready to make his mark on the scene. An impressive 2018 season was highlighted by a podium result at Crankworx for the Limerick youngster. MTB Tribe Podcast caught up with him to find out more…
In This MTB Tribe Podcast
Oisin O’Callaghan – Find out why at only 15 years old, Oisin rips and is heading the Irish Downhill charge. We chat to Oisin about the help he gets and if having the Ballyhoura Trail Network in your back garden has been an advantage for his mountain biking goals and future plans.
On episode number Sixty Five we are chatting with the young Irish ripper Oisin O’Callaghan. Oisin has been raging the downhill circuit over the last number of years and is quickly reaching the top of the youth division.
When I had Oisin’s father Chris on the show back on episode 062 chatting about the Ballyhoura Trail Network, we had a quick chat about Oisin and how his season had went and what his goals were for the near future. I was super interested and wanted to know more. Chris was kind enough to ask Oisin if he would like to share his story on the podcast and thankfully he was cool with coming on and chatting with us.
Last week in morzine me and Archie Axten Chris Ocallaghan created this sick edit as a professional project. Thanks for spending the time to film and edit it.To help others see the edit we have it directly on Fb here ,give it a watch .Trek BicycleMudhuggerShimano-MTBcrankbrothersSaddleback LtdTroy Lee Designs BicycleOakleyNadura – Integrative Natural Health LtdFOXRideFox UKLeatt ProtectivesFit4Racing
Posted by Oisin O'Callaghan on Sunday, 8 July 2018
For a 15 year old kid, Oisin is super motivated, dedicated and willing to push himself to take that next step forward. When I gave him a call he had only finished a gym workout. A gym that he has set up in his garage and it sounds awesome. For a young man Oisin has his head screwed on in the right direction.
He knows what he wants from mountain biking and knows what he wants to achieve over the next season, and Oisin has the plans in place to do just that. We chat to Oisin about why he has got so good at a young age, what his training looks like, his favourite race from last year, how his season went, Crankworx, sponsorship, plus loads more.
- What age Oisin started mountain biking
- How his mum and dad helped with the process
- What it was like to have Ballyhoura network trail as your backyard
- How Oisin started to get noticed in the race scene
- What Oisin does to get fitter, stronger and faster
- Why he is working so hard to get better on the bike
- What kind of training Oisin does
- The help Oisin is getting to improve his performance
- How Oisin got on last season in the race scene
- The highs and lows of Oisin’s race season
- Oisin’s favourite race to date
- What type of conditions Oisin likes to compete in
- Why a bad tyre choice cost Oisin a good race result
- Who Oisin is sponsored by
- Oisin’s goals for next season and the near future
- How to keep up to date with what Oisin has going on
View this post on Instagram
Ireland’s next big threat, @oisinocallaghanmtb. On Thursday's episode of the MTB TRIBE PODCAST we chat with 15 year old Oisin O'Callaghan about racing, training, local trails, sponsorship and much more 👍 Available this Thursday 6th 🎧 * VISIT www.mtb-tribe.com listen or download the show via Stitcher, iTunes, Spotify or Podbean. * @trekbikes_uk @fox @ridefoxuk @mudhugger2 @tld_bike @crankbrothers @dtswiss @shimano_uk @officialleatt @oakleybike @thenaduraclinic @fit4racing @russhall5608 fxsupplements.ie @ballyhouratrailriders #mtb #mtblife #mountainbikeni #mtbni #mtbireland #ireland #dh #downhill #nimtb #race #dhlife #mtbstoked #mtbtribe