Three-time Irish Elite Downhill MTB Champion Jacob Dickson joins MTB Tribe for episode #102.
Whats On The Show
If you want to know what it takes to be at this level on the world circuit and be a professional mountain biker, then this is the episode for you. Jacob has been racing from eleven or twelve years of age and has seen a lot happen over that time.
At age fifteen Jacob broke his neck and was told to stop riding bikes by many people but as soon as Jacob had his next brace off, he was racing the following day. Jacob has always had that kind of attitude, if you tell him he can’t do something, he will push harder to make sure he proves you wrong.
But I do think it takes that kind of brawn to become world class at anything and that is a strength Jacob has in bucketful’s. Jacob’s parents have always played (and still do) a large part in this attribute, they never discouraged him, always supported him and were always there to give words of advice and encouragement. As Jacob says himself, he would not be doing this today if it was not for his parents.
- How Jacob got interested in mountain biking via motocross
- Where he got his first downhill mountain bike
- How his first ever downhill race went with the help of Michael Cowan
- How Jacob broke his neck at age fifteen
- What team Jacob raced for when he was in juniors
- Why he didn’t get picked up by a team when turning elite
- How he felt to become 3 time Irish Elite Downhill MTB Champion
- How Jacob deals with pressure and nerves
- How Jacob looks at a race and competes against himself and not his other competitors
- Why Jacob is getting faster in the UCI & the stroke of bad luck he has had in a number of races
- How Jacob got his Giant sponsorship
- What he thinks of being a professional mountain biker
- What his goals are and have been from an early age
- How to best get in contact and keep up to date
- Plus tons more!!!