With 98 kilometres of tracks, the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trail Centre in Limerick is Ireland’s largest network mountain bike trails. The guys at MTB Tribe, caught up with head honcho Chris O’Callaghan to find out more…
Listen In – Podcast
MTB Tribe Podcast Info
Chris O’Callaghan – The service provider to the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails and founder of Trailriders.ie
On today’s episode, number Sixty Two we are chatting with Chris O’Callaghan about why we should all check out the Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trail Network and don’t leave it off our to do lists for 2019.
After all it has 98km of trails and is the biggest trail network in Ireland. We chat with Chris about how the trails came to be, how they where designed, how popular the trails have become, what facilities are on offer and what to expect from the trail networks, plus much more.
Chris was kind enough to come on the show and chat to us about this awesome sounding trail network. I have to admit, it is a network I have never visited and to be totally honest I have never really thought of going there. Why is that?
It has awesome facilities, bike hire, a bike shop for repairs and general components and on top of all that it has a number of different level loops totalling 98km of trail.
So I reached out to get more information on Ballyhoura for both myself and you guys as I feel it is a destination we all should visit on our next mountain bike trip.
On The Show
- How Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails started
- Who designed and made the trails
- How long the building of the trails took
- Why the trials were popular from the day of opening
- Why Chris got involved to service the trails
- How long the trails have been opened
- What facilities are on site for riders
- What to expect from the trails
- Why the trails are good for all the family
- What type of bikes Chris hires and the prices
- How the trail network has expanded over the years
- What different courses Trailriders provide
- Why the future for the Ballyhoura Trails looks bright
- How to keep updated on what’s happening with Ballyhoura and Trailriders
Ballyhoura Mountain Bike Trails Information
- Location: Ardpatrick, Co. Limerick
- Open: Tuesday – Sunday and Bank Holidays 9.00-17.30
- Website: www.trailriders.ie
Follow MTB Tribe
View this post on Instagram
On this week's episode of the MTB TRIBE PODCAST we are chatting with Chris founder of the @ballyhouratrailriders. We chat about what the Ballyhoura trail network has to offer, facilities on site, how trail centers help the sport and why you need to have a visit. Plus loads more 😁 * NEW EPISODE AVAILABLE THURSDAY 15th. VISIT www.mtb-tribe.com listen or download the show via Stitcher, iTunes or Spotify. * @Regran_ed from @ballyhouratrailriders – What will you do this weekend? * #cubebikesuk #cubebikesnl #ebikes#ballyhoura #mountains #limerick #thingstodo #cork #kerry #tipperary #mountainbiking #ireland #largest #trailcenter #mtb #mtblife #podcast #interview #chat #talk #mtbni #mountainbikeni #ukmtb #mtbuk #mtbstoked #mtbtribe