On episode #108 MTB Tribe are chatting with Jason Murphy. Jason is the driving force behind the Shronaboy Farm Bike Trails that seem to have arrived on this small island of Ireland overnight. The Shronaboy Farm Bike Trails came to light when they hosted the Munster Gravity Championships on the 14th July of this year.
Thankfully Jason was kind enough to come on the show and tell the story about how the trails came into being, what was the driving force behind stepping out and taking a risk building a trail centre in Killarney, Co.Kerry and how with the help of a few key people it quickly came together and quickly became the place to be.
Jason is quick to say that this would never have happened if it was not for the experience of Denis O’Shea. Denis has done so much for the mountain bike scene in and around the Killarney area and his bike shop, The Big Little Bike Shop helps sponsor the Shronaboy Farm Bike Trails.
Cahir Media and Colm Keating Photography teamed up to bring you a small snippet of our track on Sunday. Some views.
Posted by Shronaboy Farm on Tuesday, 16 July 2019
Jason is adamant that this project would never have happened if it was not for the input of Denis, so if you are in the area and need any bike parts or accessories call into Denis’s shop and show your support by spending a little money and saying thanks for everything Denis has done for the Irish mountain bike scene.
Tune in and check out how Jason and friends are building trails, hosting race events and planning exciting things for the near future of Shronaboy Farm Bike Trails.
- Where Jason got the inspiration for the Shronaboy Farm Bike Trails
- Why Conn, the farmer who owns the land was stocked to have mountain bike trails in his fields
- How Jason and Denis went about building the trails
- How the trails quickly took shape and riders were showing up wanting to ride
- Why Shronaboy Farm decided to host three race events in 2019
- How these events went and what the riders thought of the trails
- What Jason learned from hosting these three events
- Why the experience of Denis was so important in making these events a success
- Why Jason thinks the trails have become so popular
- What the trails are like
- How many uplifts you get over the day
- Prices and how to book your space
- What Jason and his crew have planned for next season
- How to get in contact and find out more
Photo: Cahir Media