Sam Hill is the king of flat pedals and naturally so has his own range, aptly named the Nukeproof Horizon Pro Sam Hill Flat Pedals. In for review, as we cranks some miles on the Nukeproof Mega 275c Pro, here’s a quick look at these black beauties…
The Nukeproof pedal range has been extensively engineered to offer the optimum balance of strength and fatigue resistance with minimum weight penalty.
Designed in conjunction with 5-time Downhill World Champion, Sam Hill, they have created a flat pedal that incorporates a large platform, adjustable pins and angled faces to aid deflection from obstacles.
Strong Alloy Flat Pedals
Nukeproof’s flagship model features all of the elements that Sam insisted on. They include a strong alloy body, removable and adjustable pins for full customisation, a large concave platform to provide ultimate comfort and grip with no rises, bumps or unwanted edges that can compromise the contact between shoe and pedal.
Prolonged Service Life
Each pedal body spins on high quality DU bushings with 2 sealed cartridge bearings to help spread the stress loads from heavy impacts.
Meanwhile a lip seal between the axle end and pedal body helps to reduce ingress of water and dirt prolonging pedal life between services.
- Available with Titanium or steel axle (featured)
- Custom design forged and CNC finished platform
- Replaceable/Adjustable pins
- Sealed cartridge bearings
- Bearing system: 2 x high quality DU bushings & 4 x sealed cartridge bearings (Per Pair)
- Body options: Forged 6061-T6 alloy with CNC finishing.
- Axle options: Cro-Mo (featured) or titanium
- Weight (per pair): Alu/CroMo 430g (featured), Alu/Ti 362g,
- Colours: Black with Polished face
Spares Available: Horizon Cro-mo Axle Kit (Pair) • Pedal Bearing Kit • Pedal Bushing • Rubber Cap • Screw Pin Set Screw Pin Set
Nukeproof Horizon Pro Sam Hill Flat Pedals: £74.99
Nukeproof Horizon Pro Ti Sam Hill Flat Pedals: £149.99
Search: Chain Reaction Cycles (May 2019)